As the warm season rapidly approaches, many parents are beginning to think about how they can keep their children safe while they enjoy the warmer weather. One of the most popular activities for families during the summer is spending time at the pool. While pools can provide endless hours of fun, it’s important for parents to be aware of the dangers that come with them and how they can prevent it. This is where the pool fence comes into picture.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), drowning is one of the leading causes of death for children aged 1-4 years old. That’s why it’s so important for parents to take precautions and learn about pool safety before letting their kids take a dip. Here are a few pool safety tips every parent should know:
Always assign an adult water watcher while children are in the pool. Designate an adult to be close enough to reach and touch a child under four years old whenever they are in the water.
Install a pool safety fence. A pool fence is a physical pool barrier keeping children out of the pool and can reduce the risk of child drowning up to 90%. Adult supervision is one of the essential layers of protection. However, only a pool fence can keep your children out. Our mesh fences cannot be climbed like metal fences. And, our solid core poles are virtually unbendable and indestructible.
Any type of water in your backyard can pose a danger to your family. This includes swimming pools, hot tubs, spas, ponds and natural bodies of water. Any source of open water should be protected by a pool safety fence.
Drownings in Horry County have reached a new record-breaking pace with 23 people losing their lives so far this year, surpassing the total for all of 2020. The number is higher than any other single year since tracking began back at least Mothers’ Day Weekend last month when 20 individuals met up to kiss goodbye before tragedy struck – some drowned while others died from accidental drowning cases such as hypothermia or heart failure caused by exhaustion after struggling against currents near shorelines.
Although our main focus is residential swimming pools, all bodies of water can be very dangerous.
Additionally, there have been 23 drownings in 2021 as of September.
Horry County has specific requirements when it comes to the barriers to be installed around the pool fence area. For example, with a mesh fence as a barrier, the bottom of the mesh fence shall not be more than 1 inch (25mm) above the deck or installed surface or grade. Additionally, it should not allow a passage of 4-inch (102 mm) sphere under any mesh panel.
Our mesh pool fences are up to code and meet the state guidelines for pool safety.
- Our pool fences offer full warranty. If something goes wrong, we will repair it or replace it for you.
- We provide a vast selection of popular colors that are sure to match the exterior of your home. We even carry our mesh pool fences in black!
- Pool fencing can be installed in a variety of different ways, either as plastic or aluminum sections that are fitted into the deck surface.
- We install child-proof pool gates that are closable & latchable.
- The Life Saver Premium triple-reinforced solid core fence is so strong, it can withstand heavy winds, hail storms and other bad weather conditions.
- The aluminum pool fence poles are made to last in harsh environments, and come powder-coated for an attractive look that no other fence product offers.
Need a new pool fence installed?
Life Saver Pool Fence of the Lowcountry is here to help you keep your family safe all year round. Contact us today and one of our representatives will answer any questions you may have about our mesh pool fences, pool gates or our swimming pool accessories.
Why Install A Life Saver Pool Fence?
Life Saver Pool Fence is voted as the best pool fence by parents and even government agencies. There are a lot of mesh pool fences available. However, they are not as child-friendly as ours.
Installing a Life Saver Pool Fence is a great way to keep your loved ones safe while they are enjoying a day at the pool. These fences are designed to prevent children from accidentally wandering into the pool area and drowning. They are also a great way to keep pets from swimming in the pool unsupervised. If you are considering installing a life saver pool fence, here are some of the benefits you can expect…
- Easy to remove by an adult for entertaining when no children are home.
- Textilene® mesh provides years of use in all weather conditions with a strength rating of 387 lbs per square inch.
- QuadStitch bordering, created with strongest marine thread, reinforces essential sections of the fence around pool.
- Triple-Reinforced Solid Poles exceed all local safety requirements
- Self-Closing, Self-Latching gate options provide added security
- Tension-based support providing superior stability
- Round-head fasteners and rounded edges mean there are no sharp edges
- UV Resistant components protect your above ground or in-ground pool fence from sun damage
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Our mesh pool fences come in different colors and height options, so be sure to choose one that best suits your needs.
Install a pool fence today in Horry County! Please call Life Saver Pool Fence of the Lowcountry at (843) 822-8855 or request your FREE estimate online. We serve Murrells Inlet, Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, and other nearby cities.
About Horry County, SC
Horry County is the easternmost county in the state of South Carolina. It is bounded to the north by North Carolina, to the south and west by the Atlantic Ocean, and to the east by Georgetown County.
The county was created in 1785. As of the 2020 census, its population was 63,404. Horry County is included in the Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach metropolitan statistical area (MSA).
Among other titles, it has been nicknamed “The Grand Strand” because of a 60-mile expanse of beach along its coastline. With a land area of 1,035 square miles ((2,680 km2).
Here are a few popular landmarks residents and tourists love visiting here in Georgetown County:
- Broadway at the Beach
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach
- SkyWheel Myrtle Beach
- Barefoot Landing
- The Market Common
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade
Pool Safety Resources for Horry County Residents
- PARKS & OPEN SPACE PLAN – Horry County Government
- Swimming Pools, Recreational Waters
- Pool Fence Affidavit – Horry County Government
- Horry County Government General Provisions
- Swimming Pool Permitting and Compliance
Need to Install A Fence in Horry County? Contact Us Now!
Want to get a new pool fence installed for your pool? Our highly skilled installers will come out to your home and evaluate your pool area and provide you with a quote. We install the strongest and trusted mesh pool fencing in the industry – the Life Saver Pool Fence.